Summary: You CAN get too much vitamin E. If you ingest a large amount of this vitamin, you may suffer from nausea and digestion problems.
Tags: Can You Get Too Much Vitamin E, vitamin e overdose, vitamin e toxicity
It is possible to ingest too much vitamin E when taken in pill form.
If you ingest a large amount of this vitamin, you may suffer from nausea and digestion problems. This is because vitamin E is a fat-soluble vitamin, meaning that excess dosage will be stored in the liver and could cause health problems. Some people overdose on vitamin E and similar vitamins, which can lead to toxicity. However, if the vitamin is ingested by way of food, it is not possible to eat too much as it does not exist in large doses naturally. Though it is possible to have too much, it is almost impossible to be deficient in vitamin E.
Vitamin E functions as an antioxidant that neutralizes free radicals in the body and promotes a healthy circulatory system. It has also been shown to decrease symptoms of premenstrual syndrome and certain types of breast diseases. Though some studies have shown that taking larger doses of the vitamin can decrease Coronary Artery Disease (CAD), this has not been proven in a large scale study. It is recommended that women take 8 milligrams per day, and men take 10 milligrams per day. You only need small amounts of any vitamin.