Waxing eyebrows can be a quicker alternative to plucking your eyebrows into the perfect shape you are looking for. Some women prefer plucking, while others prefer waxing, but both methods can give you a professional eyebrow shape that you can do at home.
- Choose your wax. A cream wax that can be heated in a wax pot will give a closer and smoother result than other waxes will.
- Pull your hair back so that you have complete view of your eyebrows without any other hair dangling in the way.
- Find the arch of your eyebrow by placing a ruler or pencil at the edge of the nostril pulling it diagonally past the outer edge of the iris. Mark this spot with white or light colored eyeliner.
- Brush your eyebrows up and if you see any straggling hairs sticking out above the rest trim them with a small pair of scissors.
- If you are worried about the pain of waxing you can apply Anbesol or Orajel with a q-tip to help ease the pain a bit. Apply a pre-wax cleanser and a light dusting of powder with a cotton swab, but don’t overdo the powder.
- Apply wax beneath of the shape you have drawn in, in the direction of the hair growth. If you apply too much wax the excess could seep through to the other hair so be careful when applying the wax not to over do it.
- Apply the strip to the wax leaving a little bit of excess to use like a tab. Press and smooth the strip in the direction of the hair a few times to make sure the wax is attached to all of the unwanted hair.
- With one quick pull, pull off the strip in the opposite direction of your hair growth and immediately apply pressure to your eyebrow with your hand to help relieve the pain.
- Use tweezers to pluck any extra hairs that need it and apply baby oil to remove any residue that is remaining on your skin.
- Apply an after wax lotion or an aloe based gel when you are finished. Use an eyebrow pencil to fill in any gaps, or outline your eyebrows for extra definition.
“Hair Removal .” KidsHealth . The Nemours Foundation, n.d. Web. 16 Aug. 2010. http://kidshealth.org/teen/your_body/skin_stuff/hair_removal.html.
Dunlap, Lizzie. “How to Get Perfect Eyebrows How to Get Perfect Eyebrows – Perfect Eyebrow Shapes for Face – Marie Claire.” Marie Claire. N.p., n.d. Web. 16 Aug. 2010. http://www.marieclaire.com/hair-beauty/how-to/tips/how-to-get-perfect-brows.
“Waxing Before & After Care – Claire-Francoise Salon.” Brazilian Waxing Laser Hair Removal Hairdressing – Claire-Francoise Salon. N.p., n.d. Web. 16 Aug. 2010. http://www.clairefrancoise.com.au/waxing-care.htm.