The right short haircut for a round face can help to elongate the face and complement the features. Here are a few things to consider.
Characteristics of Round Faces
One of the most pronounced characteristics of round faces, is that their length is about equal to their width. Also, round faces usually have a wide hairline and a rounded chin. In addition, the neck often appears shorter, because of the wider facial shape.
Personal Key Factors
Other characteristics can also make a big difference in short haircuts for round faces. Consider the texture, your age and what kind of lifestyle you lead.
What You Should Do
A short haircut that adds height at the crown will make the face appear longer. Using a layered cut such as a shag can help add volume to the crown without increasing the volume on the sides. A side part will take attention away from the round facial shape.
What You Should Not Do
You should avoid styles with thick bangs that are cut straight across the forehead because they tend to make the face seem shorter and more round. Also, a style that puffs out on the sides of the head is unattractive and will add to the roundness of the face. Stay away from bobs that bring attention to the cheekbones.
– If you want bangs, make certain they are layered. Refrain from straight bangs.
– Stay with short sides to increase the look of length.
– Choose short hairstyles that add height.
– Curly hair should keep the curls on top, away from the cheekbones and trimmed closely on the sides.
Three Haircuts That Work With Round Faces
- A “lightly layered, choppy end hairstyle frames the face just enough and has curled out tips” according to Leo Garcia, professional hairstylist and contributing author for Latest Hairstyles.2. A short, chin length style with light, side swept bangs that are tucked behind the ear, can work well with the other side framing the face down to the chin level.3. Layered and short styles work on rounded faces because it heightens the crown. Many hairstylists suggest that individuals with round faces should always have layered hairstyles.